World's First Certified 100% Compostable Single Serve Pod
PURPOD100™ WebsiteVisit Website
PURPOD100™ Media KitDownload Now
Achieved BPI CertificationLearn More
Sign up to win free coffee for a year.
Is Recycling The Solution?
Consumers have to separate the coffee grounds, filter and lid from the plastic cup for every pod.
Many recycling operations don’t process small items like these, so end up in the waste stream.
Recycling pods won’t solve the single serve challenge without major changes.
Is ‘Biodegradable’ The Solution?
Despite the name, biodegradable products are just another part of the waste stream.
Even the ‘biodegradable’ parts of a pod can actually take hundreds of years to break down.
Biodegradable pods won’t solve the single serve challenge without major changes.
The 100% compostable pod is the #rightsolution
Breaks down fully in commercial composting facilities
Earns the approval of composting certification experts
Gets coffee out of the waste stream and back into organic waste diversion programs
Pü̃rPod100™ From Club Coffee is the solution to the single serve challenge
PῧrPod100™ – the world’s first certified 100% compostable single-serve pod for coffee, tea and other hot beverages.
• Can break down in as little as 5 weeks in well-managed municipal composting processes -- Like most food waste
• Uses the chaff – or the thin skin of the coffee bean – naturally left over from the coffee roasting process in its distinctive brown ring
• The result of innovative collaboration between university researchers and coffee experts
• Successfully tested in American and Canadian composting facilities
• Supported by the United States Composting Council and the Compost Council of Canada
"How is PῧrPod100™ Made? How is it compostable?"
Rhodes Yepsen, Executive Director - BPI.org